Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11, 2010

From the NEWS desk of Tom Mongelli:
We're keeping close contact with operatives at the NJ Forest Fire Service through the hot, dry spell. Small brush fires have eaten up about 4,000 acres. No major flareups yet.
We're finalizing plans for the great debate between NJ Congressman John Adler and challenger Jon Runyan, October 19th at Ocean County College. Eric Scott has penciled the date to be the moderator. We'll webcast, OCC will telecast, and CSPAN is likely to rerun it.
Remember Darnell Myres, the onetime Toms River high school athlete who died in Monmouth Medical Center in April after a donnybrook with some security guards at Community? Well, Atlantic County prosecutors tell me that they could actually finish their investigation this coming week. Unlike CSI, the real guys don't wrap it all up in an hour.
Scheduled guests for Tuesday's Open Forum on 1160 AM: Ocean County's two most controversial mayors, Ron Jones (Beachwood) and Vince Barrella (Point Beach), along with members of ADOCAN marking the 20th anniversary of Americans With Disabilities Act.
Controversy builds over a state measure that would require two trained EMTs on every ambulance on the road. Volunteers see it as a way for paid squads to eliminate them. We're speaking to both sides.
Citizens Action Committee on Childhood Cancer Cluster meets on the 19th at Toms River Town Hall. Expect Linda Gillick to steam if the EPA and DEP fail to show up for the third consecutive time.
.
.
.
LeBron James
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeBron_James
.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_james/
.
.
.
Why are the government websites so hard to navigate?
.
.
.
Obama sues Arizona
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/obama-sues-arizona-97883084.html
.
.
.
New Black Panther Leader Defends Group in Voter Intimidation Case
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/09/new-black-panther-leader-defends-group-voter-intimidation-case/
.
.
Black Panther Party
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party
.
Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/06/ex-official-accuses-justice-department-racial-bias-black-panther-case/
.
Eric Holder Drops Charges on Black Panthers for Voter Intimidation - Bill O'Reilly Reports
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BemSmTNDxU
.
Eric Holder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Holder
.
.
.
Kagan Argued for Government 'Redistribution of Speech'
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/65720
.

Kagan: Speech is free if government decides it has more value than 'societal costs'

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Kagan-Speech-is-free-if-government-decides-it-has--93309159.html#ixzz0tNSI7qYI
.
.

Immigration legal page
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=02729c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=02729c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

.
.
.
New Jersey Privatization Task Force
http://photos.nj.com/star-ledger/2010/03/new_jersey_privatization_task_2.html
.
.
N.J.’s Christie Proposes Privatizing Park Services
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-07-09/n-j-s-christie-proposes-privatizing-park-services.html
.
Christie looks to privatize motor vehicle inspections, other services
http://www.northjersey.com/news/politics/070910_Christie_looks_to_privatize_motor_vehicle_inspections.html

.
.
.

Is smoking still excepted behavior?

.

.
The early bird road
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/EarlyBird.htm
.
Graduated Driver License
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/About/safety_gdl.htm

.

.


Official Township of Brick Website
http://www.twp.brick.nj.us/
.
Brick Youth Club Registration Form
http://twp.brick.nj.us/content.asp?ContentId=1266
.
.
Toms River Fraternal Order of Police Blood Drive
July 16, 2010 1:00 PM-7:00 PM 1791 N. Bay Avenue, Toms River, NJ

https://www.membersforlife.org/pennj/schedule/counties.php?county=Ocean&state=NJ
.
.
.

History has been made on Topic A today!

Make history happen!

16 comments:

mikejsal said...

Paul, It's time to oil Bob's chair or is that Bob who is creaking .

Anonymous said...

Bob screeching "KISS OFF!" at Chris from Phoenix..

Click. Buh-bye WOBM.

Anonymous said...

Bill Heyer's Call = FAIL!!

Bill Heyer said...

"Do YOU think I care about you? Do YOU think I think about you?"

- Bob Levy.

Yes, but I think Bob is TOO stubborn, and TOO full of himself to admit it on the air. I wanted to apologize to him for the "Baghdad Bob" business, but as my friend Herb Germann said, "there's too much water gone under the bridge to allow THAT, now." I tried. Know THIS: I tried.

JoeFromTomsRiver said...

I was gone for two weeks and missed Bill's call...how'd it go? Why did it "FAIL" as the anonymous poster put it?

Sorry I missed what was presumably "train wreck radio".

Bill Heyer said...

Joe, from Toms River, Bob was in one of his foul moods (as usual). I was Bob's second caller in the seven o'clock a.m. hour. I decided on a joke opening to break the ice. Boy, talk about ICE? Cold reception? I started-off like I was making a public apology, but when I came to the clincher, I suddenly announced that I was signing with the Miami Heat, ala, Lebron James. The joke was met with about fifteen seconds of dead air. Then Bob started lambasting me with, "it's ALL about you." I didn't know WHAT he was talking about! I got up on a Sunday morning, at seven a.m., because IT'S ALL ABOUT ME???!!! So, I changed gears and asked His Royal Highness, "what do you want, a formal, public apology, or do you want to settle this "Baghdad Bob" business, mano-a-mano? Bob replied, what do you mean, mano-a-mano? I replied, fisticuffs. I told him five years ago he announced on the air that if he ever met me on the street, he'd punch me in the mouth! He answered, "that was five years ago, I'm not in shape to do that, anymore." Then he inquired if I had anything to talk about, because this was a talk-radio program. I said, "no, I said EVERYTHING i have to say, have a nice day." CLICK!! In the eight o'clock hour, Herb Germann tried to ask him why he cut OUR conversation short, but Bob didn't want to talk about it. Joe, I could've used YOU, yesterday, guy!!!

Bill Heyer said...

I wonder IF Bob would've been impressed, yesterday, if I told him I post on the online edition New York Post blogs as, Bob Levy??!! Been doin' it for about a year!!! Check out Page Six and discover WHAT Bob Levy is saying!!

JoeFromTomsRiver said...

Wait..so 5 years ago Bob would've taken you up on the "fisticuffs" challenge, but NOW he's not in "shape" to do that anymore??? Thats pretty funny.

Bill- it sounds like you screwed up w/ your call. You couldn't expect that Bob would be open to apologies or the airing out of some private matter that the majority of his audience has no clue about. You should have expected that he would give you air time but not really respond to you, so you should have just used your time to voice your criticisms of the aging hippie brigade. The self-righteous "intellectual" callers who are obsessed with "The Right", not with what IS right.

Bill, from Toms River said...

Yes, Joe, I DID screw-up. I should've listened to my gut instincts. My initial gut instincts told me that this could not possibily end well, in the end. Then I started taking counsel from you, and Herb, and Paul. Bottom line, I think I was set-up!! Adios!!!

Alex from Bayville said...

JoefromToms River: In the spirit of fair play, here is the complete text of Bill Heyer’s call to Bob Levy, pretty much word for word.
BL: Ok Paul, what’s next. Bill from Toms River. Good morning.
BH: Good morning Bob. Good morning Ocean County. Bob, I have a little announcement to make.
BL: Yeah, well, make it.
BH: This is kinda tough. Back 5 years ago, I maligned an Ocean County tradition, namely, your host, Bob Levy. I was wrong. I was irresponsible; but, ultimately, I am responsible for my own actions; so, today, I, of course, make public amends. After much sole searching and considerations, I am saying to you now, I have decided to sign with the Miami Heat.
BL: That’s your announcement?
BH: That’s it.
BL Is that it?
BH: Yeah.
BL: Anything else?
BH: What do you want me to do Bobby? I could make a public apology to you on the air. I could make arrangements to ……
BL: Listen, you flatter yourself. You’re again … you’re opinion of yourself is …. Am I supposed to be moved? Am I supposed to care? Am I supposed to have any reaction at all?
BH: Well, what do you want to do? You want to go at it?
BL: I don’t want to do anything.
BH: You want to go at it mano-a mano?
BL: What do you mean, go at it? What do you mean go at it?
BH: You want to go at it with fisticuffs?
BL: What are you. crazy? Those days are long gone for me. Why would I want to have fisticuffs with you?
BH: Because you threatened to punch me in the mouth one time.
BL: That was a long time ago. Do you think I care about you? That I dwell on you? That I’m concerned about you?
BH: My phone’s been ringing off the hook, emails have been saying call Bob Levy, gotta call Bob Levy. Your producer said, call Bob Levy. So, I’m calling Bob Levy.
BL: Fine. What is ringing off the hook?
BH: My phone … better call Bob Levy.
BL: Fine. So you called. Do you have anything to say? Anything of substance? Forget about me. This is all about phone calls.
BH: I’ve said what I had to say. Have a nice day, Bob

Bill, from Toms River said...

Yeah, Alex, that's the way I remember it, too. I'm NOT a psychologist, but if I were, I'd venture a guess that Bob is a Classic manic-depressive. He has such HUGE mood-shifts!! I set him up for a joke, first, to break the ice, but he came at me with "It's ALL about you (meaning me)." I'm calling HIM at the ungodly (for a Sunday!) hour of seven a.m. because "it's ALL about me?" He completely took me off my game!!
If he had been in a different mood (like the prior week, when he was on vacation), I think we could've had a conversation). He wasn't.
He wasn't open. As Herb Germann said, "TOO MUCH water under the bridge." The fact IS, I still LIKE Bob Levy!!!

Anonymous said...

Alex,

I'm impressed, it's almost as if you recorded that piece of Topic A.

Alex from Bayville said...

Anonymous, hmmm, it does appear that way, doesn't it.

Anonymous said...

Bill you were on the air for 2 minutes and fifteen seconds, but I was hoping to here more.

I hope you'll call bogus bob again.

Why Bogus Bob? Because you can talk about anything you want, unless Bob disagrees with it.

Bill, from Toms River said...

Anonymous, I had material for a twenty minute call, but I didn't have a willing audience. He just didn't WANT to HEAR it! Hey, Bob, this is my telephone number, 732-581-0610, you CALL ME!!!

Anonymous said...

Bill,

Bob was clearly upcomfortable with your call. I would just keep calling every Sunday just to annoy the s--t out of him.

As Bob would say, "you have the right to be heard." But only under his rules!!